Churchill's on Manchester Road, pictured on 25 September 2014. Copyright Lost Pubs Of Bolton. There doesn't appear to have been any activity at the pub for some years and most of the side windows have been put through. A sad sight.
The Rose Hill opened as a beer house shortly after an 1830 Act of Parliament relaxed the licensing regulations for premises wishing to be opened as public houses serving beer but not spirits.
In the early part of the twentieth century it was unusual in being owned by the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Company before being sold to local brewery Magee Marshall.  It became a Greenall Whitley house after Magee’s sold out in 1958.
By the early part of 1984 the Rose Hill was bought by Bandmatic, a company that operated pool tables in fruit machines in a number of local pubs and was renamed Churchill’s. The same company bought the Gipsy’s Tent and renamed it Winston’s. 
The pub was re-decorated in 1986  and at some stage, according to Zozzy on the Wanderers Wayswebsite, it was being used as the bus drivers’ social club after their original club was sold to Sainsbury’s along with the First Bus depot on Crook Street. 
It closed some time between 2009 and 2011 and was certainly shut when the above photo was taken in April 2012.
 Pubs Of Bolton 1800-2000, by Gordon Readyhough, published by Neil Richardson (2000).
 What’s Doing, the Greater Manchester beer drinkers’ monthly magazine, April 1984 edition.
 What’s Doing, April 1986.
 Wanderers Ways, post dated 15 December 2008, retrieved 23 March 2014.