The Market Place, approximate location of the Bridge Inn until its demolition around 1932.
Located on Bridge Street next to the site occupied by Bolton’s fish market until the late-twenties, Bridge Inn was originally called the Gartside Arms and was in existence by 1800. 
The pub hosted a Literary and Philosophical Society in 1813 though it subsequently moved to a room in the New Shambles. 
The Bridge Inn saw its licence refused in 1926 and it was demolished in the early-1930s for the widening of Bridge Street. Also demolished was the fish market, which was moved to the new market premises on Ashburner Street.
 Pubs Of Bolton 1800-2000, by Gordon Readyhough, published by Neil Richardson (2000).
 Leisure In Bolton, 1750-1900, Robert Poole, 1982.