The Brinks Brow district of Bolton was the top of the hill around the Chorley Street/St George’s Road area. The name has long since fallen out of use with the exception of Brinks Place, a short thoroughfare leading off Chorley Street to some industrial units to the rear of Sherrington’s solicitors’ offices.
The Brinks Brow Tavern is shown on the 1849 listing of Bolton licensed premises. The landlord at that time was Robert Crawford. A beerhouse run by John Hurst is on the 1841 census as being close to the top of Chorley Street and may have been the same premises. But by 1853 the pub has gone and there is no further mention.